What is the WI-WE Bank for?
The Wi-We Bank can be used for:
- Assessing the robustness of existing scenarios;
- Supporting scenarios work with extreme futures and seeds of change;
- Contributing toward the development of a bottom-up early warning system;
- Raising policymakers awareness about potential issues shaping or shaking the future;
- Contributing toward the development of thematic and interdisciplinary research agendas;
- Among other uses.
The Wi-We Bank is basically the first interactive library of wild cards and weak signals (Wi-We). It has been designed using Web 2.0 platforms in order to improve:
- the mapping and interconnection of knowledge about Wi-We; and
- the assessment and visualision of Wi-We relevance to society, STI and ERA dimensions.
The Wi-We Bank allows registered iKnow members to access, suggest, classify, rank and comment on Wild Cards and associated Weak Signals.
The system includes interactive features such as:
- Wi-We Forums (interactive area to discuss and comment on wild cards and weak signals),
- WI-WE Maps (interactive map showing expected geographical location of WI-WE scanners);
- WI-WE Clusters (visualisation tool tagging and clustering WI-WE with links to ERA dimensions);
- WI-WE Polls (opinion poll system rating entries), and
- WI-WE Sources (interactive map showing sources of WI-WE)